Since 1982, October has been the National Kitchen & Bath Remodeling month. It is a popular month to try get bathroom remodeling and kitchen remodeling projects finished before the end of the year. The National Kitchen & Bath Association does an annual survey of its members to find out what products and colors are the current kitchen and bathroom remodeling design trends.
Many homeowners are wanting to experience a greater luxury, spa-like experience, as well as have ease in maintenance. Combined with our observations, these are the top ten bathroom remodeling design trends of 2017.
- Homeowners are wanting to have more clean lines as found in Contemporary and Transitional styles, rather than Traditional. Emerging is an Asian Fusion of earth elements in a kind of retreat, even including plants in the design.
- A sense of greater space with a floating vanity with undermount sinks and under cabinet lighting for nocturnal visits.
- Along with a floating wood vanity, a no threshold walk-in shower with bench provide universal design elements for aging in place. If there is room, a separate free standing tub for soaking is preferred.
- Ceramic tile with in-floor radiant heating and a Tornado Body Dryer to have warmth, comfort, and safety.
- A linen cabinet and open shelving boosts storage.
- Water saving toilets and faucets have become standard. Award winning Greyter Home Water Systemcan recycle shower water for the toilet.
- Homeowners are wanting a light in the shower (and some want music), and shower wall materials that are easy to clean and maintain.
- Pocket doors are preferred for master bathrooms because they take up less room space.
- Planned wiring for video and audio pathways for technology, and tucking outlets into cabinets and drawers to be out of sight.
- Colors remain light, with white and grays. Violets and purples are being used as an accent color.
The bathroom being a wet and high humid room can accelerate in the deterioration of materials. Choosing quality products will help keep the bathroom looking in top shape over time, as well as sufficient ventilation for the space. Proper lighting and natural lighting is also very important for the experience of the bathroom.
Happy Bathroom Remodeling!
www.cookremodeling.com, posted October 12 by admin.