Change a room’s look or set a new mood without spending anything but a little time.
1. Light your candles….to create a lovely ambience and a little mood boost. Try one in the entryway, on the coffee table and mantel, or on the dining table.
2. Arrange your coffee table nicely. Add a stack of books, a tray or basket, and a vase of flowers to make your coffee table look chic and pulled together.
3. Take your scissors outside! Go cut some flowers or even weeds or a bit of green foliage from the tip of a tree branch to put inside in water and beautify your home!
4. Use up leftover paint on small projects. Paint a mirror frame, a picture frame, the interior of a tray, the bottom of a vase, a group of accessories, or paint just the legs of a table or chairs.
5. Use your best. Elevate your daily routine by using your best, such as good china or fancy glasses, perhaps set nicely on a coffee table.
6. Swap photos in frames. Trade out photos or artwork in the frames on the wall as an easy way to give your room a fresh look. Use old black & white family photos, pictures from a trip or even art postcards.
For the full article, “21 Free Ways to Give Your Home Some Love”, go to http://www.houzz.com/ideabooks/25678757/list/21-Free-Ways-to-Give-Your-Home-