1. Gutter Cleaning. An unpleasant job that involves ladders and getting yourself dirty with leaves, etc, cleaning your gutters will keep you from having a bigger and more costly problem if clogged gutters and downspouts cause water damage to your home inside and out. You might even choose to hire a reputable gutter cleaner for the job.
2. Foundation Repair. Ignoring your cracks, separations and crumbling concrete won’t sit well if you want your home’s basement, crawl space or slab to properly support your home.
3. Removing Mold. Mold can cause serious respiratory problems. Don’t just paint over mold; make sure to hire a reputable company to inspect for mold and to remove it.
4. Sump pump. Failing to maintain your sump pump and backup battery could lead to more dollars draining from your bank account.
5. Window Installation. Although replacement windows can set you back thousands of dollars, they reduce energy usage and make your home more comfortable.
Other important projects to invest in are: toilet repair, insulation, sump pump maintenance, updating outdated wiring, septic tank pumping which needs done every three to five years, and replacing the sewer line.
Summarized from “Living Smart” column by Angie Hicks of Angie’s List from The Sun News in Myrtle Beach, SC June 15, 2014.
FOLLOW RE-BUILDERS, INC ON FACEBOOK: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Re-BuildersInc/155789124452994