In a recent analysis of listings descriptions conducted by Zillow Digs, an online hub for home improvement ideas, it was found that trending home features such as “subway tiles” help properties sell for as much as 13 percent more than expected. These homes also are sold an average of 60 days faster than those without the trendy features.
Here are five upgrades that benefit home sellers:
1) Shaker Cabinets: Timeless and with mass appeal, a shaker style cabinet is characterized by a five-piece door with a recessed center panel. Homes with these types of cabinets in the listing description sell as much as 45 days faster than expected and earn 9.6 percent more than the expected sale price!
2) Subway Tile: This tile is popular in contemporary condos, vintage farmhouses, and new construction. Listings with this feature sell for 7 percent above the expected price and up to 63 days faster than expected. Subway tile moves homes off the market the quickest of any of the upgrades listed here.
3) Barn Doors: Homes with this feature sell 13 percent above the expected price and move a home off the market 57 days faster than the other features.
4) Quartz: Listings with quartz have a 6 percent sales premium, while granite only funneled a 4 percent price boost.
5) Farmhouse Sink: These homes see an 8 percent sales premium compared to those without them. Suiting most décor styles, farmhouse sinks cut time on the market by 58 days.
It’s time to upgrade your home and increase your home value! Whether you are buying a home to sell or rent and want to maximize your return on your investment, or need improvements to your current home, there’s no better time than now to call Ray Floyd at Re-Builders in Myrtle Beach, SC for an appointment. The premier remodeler on the Grand Strand since 1994, Re-Builders will be happy to help you achieve the home that is perfect for you!
Look for the “Request an Estimate” page on our website today or call 843-448-0041.
Summarized From Professional Remodeler Magazine, April 2017, by Jennifer Riner, with photos added.